Lighting Options - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger XP900 Discussions for the all new Polaris Ranger XP900

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-30-2019, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Spectator

Lighting Options

I need some info for lighting options on my Ranger 900 XP. I have been reading up on the LED replacement bulbs (JDM ASTAR 8th Generation 7000, Beamtech,etc.) and was wondering what your opinions were. I have read where the lens isn't matched good enough for the LED to be effective. This is all new to me and need some input before I spend $80.00 bucks on new bulbs.

Also would like to Mount a light bar (Spot/Flood Combo) on the factory bumper, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Pit Stop

Garage
Yes, the led lights are the way to go. But I would stay away from the bulbs that use a fan for cooling. I am not sure how they hold up being under water/mud, full of dirt. LOL

But also you have to make sure the headlights are aligned also. That seems to be almost as big of issue as dim lights.

As for the light bar. While there is quality differences between them.. I went with a cheap $20.00 12 inch bar, flood /spot combo from EBAY. It does not have to be huge. It is just extra light. In Michigan we are limited to driving 25mph on the roads. So you never out run the light. You can always see far enough down to stop safely and or make the turn. And if we ride with our friends, judging by the threats that I have heard when I am behind them, they are bright (so I don't use it as much as I thought I would).
post #3 of 5 Old 06-03-2019, 04:38 PM
Spectator

After putting on a light bar, I couldn't even tell if the headlights where on or off. This is with 35W HID bulbs. If you're going the light bar route, I wouldn't fret too much about the headlights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-06-2019, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Spectator

Thanks for the responses. Sorting thru all the available light bars is a big job. So many choices. Trying to figure out now if a $30.00 dollar light bar is just as good as a $400.00 dollar one by comparison. Seems most everything is made in china.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-12-2019, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

It isn't hard to find a decent lightbar. I did and it only cost me under $40 dollars, I spent a little more
in that I bought a better wiring harness, for more, but only have $68 bucks in it total. I have had it
for more than 3 years now and it works flawlessly. It is a dual beam not single. Look for a light
bar that uses 180 Watts vs 240 Watts. Much easier on the battery. Like some of the responses

above when the lightbar is on you won't even know the head lights are. I have the 40 inch lightbar.
I like the 40 or 42 inch lightbars as they don't hang up on limbs and growth that you tend to drive
under. Lightbars will give you more light than you will believe.

2013 Polaris Ranger 900 XP Camo
Blue Sea #5025 Fuse Block w/Neg. Bus
Seizmik rearview + Side view mirrors
MotoAlliance Firestorm Cab heater w/defrost
MotoAlliance Viper 4000 lb winch 1/4" syn rope
Rockford Fosgate radio and speakers
40 inch led lightbar / Glass windshield, poly rear
27 inch Mud Gear Innova tires / Beast Eyes
Rear EMT bumper / 4 inch lift kit

Ranger put the word laughter in slaughter..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger XP900