Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My license was up for renewal and it requires an emissions test this year. It did great in the Hydrocarbons area 222 vs 500 revved and 379 vs 1800 idle. However with the CO it barely passed 4.89% vs 5.00% revved, and failed 5.97% vs 5.50% at final idle. The ranger has less than 130 hours on it. Being fuel injected, there isn't any adjustments I can make. Has anyone had this problem or have ideas about how to fix it? Seems like it might be slightly lean.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Russ this is only if you want it street legal otherwise you don't need to worry about it. bevanet my wife's 05 had a similar issue , one of the guys doing the test at the Roosevelt location told me polaris fail all the time because the motor is not hot enough when tested . In my case I just unloaded it off the trailer and went through. After I let idle for 15min it passed with flying colors very much below the max. Now the wife just drives it from home to the facility and does fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. I had driven it about 5 miles to get there and it was a pretty warm day. I think it is something else. I thought about running some injector cleaner through it, cleaning the air filter and cleaning out the throttle body butterfly. Anything else?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts