Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was wondering if someone could give me a heads up if i ruined my ECU or something major in my ranger this weekend. my battery was dead on it, so i put it on the charger Saturday afternoon, and forgot to pull the charger till this morning. i know the battery is toast, but when trying to jump start it i was having all sorts of issues. the first was when i stepped on the break pedal my RPM's were going up from 0-200. When i went to turn it over, you could hear the starter clicking away but that was it. i'm also getting blink codes 51 and 52 which i'm sure is because the battery is blown out on both sides and only has 6amps. i'd appreciate any suggestions, obviously the first is a new battery which i'll pick up tomorow but any help is greatly appreciated, i can't stand my local polaris shop and would hate to have to take it in to them.

James

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I would just stick a new battery in it and give it a try. Jump-starting can cause weird problems in all kinds of vehicles. We jump-started Dad's 1996 Chevy truck years ago, and the engine started racing at super-high RPMs and we didn't think it would ever quit. But it finally gradually tapered off and straightened out.

So I would get a new battery, charge it OUTSIDE of the vehicle unless it comes fully charged, install it, and give it a whirl. Meanwhile I would yank the ruined battery out of my Ranger before it causes some kind of permanent damage.

JMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts