Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at a resort with 4 '09 500 EFI rangers. All 5 are experiencing the same issue. when they get the slightest bit warm they run super rough, back firing, stalling, hard to start.

We looked them over (plugs, wires, filters, fuel, etc) and could find nothing wrong.

took them to the dealer and they hooked it to their computer to tell me one of the injector harnesses was faulty. they changed that...no better.

trying a new fuel pump in one now, but i'm not holding my breath.

These EFI models have been bad news for me since day one.

Ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 Polaris doesn't run after it warms up

I have a 2010 Polaris ranger 500 that I use to get from ring to ring at horse shows only 4 months out of the year. As soon as it warms up it backfires and does not run. It has 55 hours on it! Since I only use it 4 months and put in away it is out of warranty. It is the Crank Sensor that is the problem and $1000 to fix. I am not happy. They should not make them red It should be LEMON Yellow. It is the most expensive part and it breaks right away. Polaris Industries need to recall this part. When they replace it I get a 30 day warranty! WOW Stupid.
Never again will I buy POLARIS!
I am a 62 year old Grandma with a knee replacement and it can't hold up for me to drive slowly around the horses to get from ring to ring!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I work at a resort with 4 '09 500 EFI rangers. All 5 are experiencing the same issue. when they get the slightest bit warm they run super rough, back firing, stalling, hard to start.

We looked them over (plugs, wires, filters, fuel, etc) and could find nothing wrong.

took them to the dealer and they hooked it to their computer to tell me one of the injector harnesses was faulty. they changed that...no better.

trying a new fuel pump in one now, but i'm not holding my breath.

These EFI models have been bad news for me since day one.

Ideas?
Did you fix the problem on your 500 efi rangers? I seem to be having the exact same proplem and am looking for answers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Research a T- Bap replacement harness @ otb power sports . My 09 700 ranger was cutting out when it warmed up and this harness fixed mine . It's a common problem .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts