Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my new Northstar crew on Saturday, we are trying to run it gingerly for break in so not real sure about the performance yet. We took it out last evening for a ride in the heavy rain, my rear passengers were soaked. We have major leaks about midway back, looks like roof area. Looking at the roof today i can stick my finger from inside the cab, between the rollbar and roof and there is not any type of seal there? Is this normal or am I missing something?
Do any other owners have the same leaking issues?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don

I have a 2018 NorthStar Crew Cab and mine leaks also. I took it back for a warranty repair and they put some black caulking on it. Looks like a three year old caulked it.

My plan is to take the roof off myself, apply new caulking to the inside joint and also along the outside joint. After that I was thinking of applying some of that Flex Seal that they advertise on TV to the outside joint. Does anyone have any thoughts on my approach before I dive into this?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Could you just cover it on top with that flex tape. Looks very strong in the commercials. Might be easier and less messy. I’ve used the flex seal spray a couple times and you need a pretty small hole to seal it. It’s not very thick spray and seems to bubble a lot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you just cover it on top with that flex tape. Looks very strong in the commercials. Might be easier and less messy. I’ve used the flex seal spray a couple times and you need a pretty small hole to seal it. It’s not very thick spray and seems to bubble a lot
Thanks for the advice, it is going back to the dealer on Tuesday. If the cant sort it out i will try myself. Also is your new machine lacking power? i can barely make it up a hill going 10 mph low or high rage, i doubt mine would spin the tires in the grass even if i floored it?
i did have my seatbelt buckled? seems like 26 k it should have more giddy up?

·
Registered
223 Posts
It should have a lot more power than that. Something isn’t right if it will barely make it up a hill. It should easily spin the tires in grass or gravel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Make sure your power switch isn't in work mode. I made that mistake once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure your power switch isn't in work mode. I made that mistake once.
power mode makes a difference but it does not seem to make any power below 4500 rpm and it tacks out at 6500, even at 6500 in performance it stugles to get up a hill low or high range

·
Registered
206 Posts
Cinman, you definitely have something wrong. With yours coming in at 20 HP more than my 900XP you should have no trouble climbing a hill. Bring that thing back to the dealer and have him fix the power and leak problems at the same time. At $26K they got to get it better than that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received my new Northstar crew on Saturday, we are trying to run it gingerly for break in so not real sure about the performance yet. We took it out last evening for a ride in the heavy rain, my rear passengers were soaked. We have major leaks about midway back, looks like roof area. Looking at the roof today i can stick my finger from inside the cab, between the rollbar and roof and there is not any type of seal there? Is this normal or am I missing something?
Do any other owners have the same leaking issues?
We just got ours 2021 in and it leaks as well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
31000 dollars I spent on a 2021 ultimate.roof leaks like a siv.very disappointed.should have come with a 1 peace roof.towed it in a rain storm.got to my destination and it looked like I spayed the whole inside out with a pressure washer.very embarrassed,and discussed.my first ride on it and everything was soaked..supposed to be enclosed and water proof.bullshit! I just assumed ride my 4 wheeler.not cool Polaris.need to get your shit together and have a recall on that problem.and satisfy your customers.that's not business if you ask me.I do carpentry work for a living and if my roofs leaked I'd be out of business.DO THE RIGHT THING we work hard to support your product.money don't come easy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Northstar 2 door, just rinsed it with garden hose and it got wet inside. Wtf? I guess the seals can't take any pressure as it looks like it came in over windshield middle area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts