Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about my machine. It’s a 1999 ranger 6x6 I got it in a trade I’ve completely redone everything on it (drive train) it runs great but the big problem I have is this. While it’s running the electrical system shuts on and off? You can tell by watching the dash lights,fuel gauge, and head lights cut on and off while driving. I’ve checked all the connections the only thing left is the stator which I haven’t touched yet. Is there anything else maybe I’m missing? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’ve been doing a lot of research on my 99 sportsman 500 I am having other issues on. The Polaris Sportsman forum has lots on your topic. When it does shut off what is battery voltage. If voltage is good it is not stator. I think you got a contact issue in a switch under headlight bezel. Check breaker pods

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a 99' until last year. Rebuilt every nut and bolt on the thing EXCEPT the Stator. YUP it went out. Was not that hard to change. With seals and parts had under $100.00 into it. Only reason I got rid of mine was we moved from Northern Michigan to Tucson AZ and now we have a 2020 570-6 crew full size. Still miss the old Ranger and Magnum 500 we had back north though.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts