Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you figure out how to access the fuel filter? I have the same question. How do you gain access to the top of the motor on an older ranger 500 6x6? This is the ranger with the two bucket seats. Does the console cover come off?

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's been a long time since I worked on one of these, but i Remember it was like working on a 99 sportsman 500 once you got to the engine. I don't remember exactly where the pump is, but here is a video I found that shows how to on an ATV.

Good luck. I do remember having a few choice words about Polaris engineers because of how I had to take this machine apart to fix anything on the engine. @don there is a reference to the filter there too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have to pull the seats then the console and that panel. I relocated my fuel filter to the top of the fuel tank where I could access it with the bed up. It is still protected and easier to get to. You can remove and install the fuel pump withou removing the center console but it is easier with it removed. Be sure to check the voltage to the pump. Most of the time it is the LR 58 module that goes out and not the pump. Connect the pump to a battery and if it works you need a module that does not exist. I am looking on how to bypass it. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts