Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew has a Rhino which has font and rear 2” receivers. He has a winch installed on a plate which he can plug into either end. Does anybody make a receiver for the front of a RZR (compatible with a Polaris Pre-Runner bumper)? Also, does anybody make a wiring harness for such a set up? I can make my own wiring harness but would like to save the time and energy if this is feasible and is commercially available.

·
Registered
38 Posts
wiring harness kit sold by cabelas for war winches can really fit to any it comes with front and back plugs and the plug that disconnects at the winch itself i put in on my ranger xp 08 works great

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input on the wiring harness for the RZR winch. I'm still curious about info on the 2" receiver for the front of the RZR and what kind of a winch mount I would need to make a front and rear interchangeable winch setup possible.

·
Registered
269 Posts
This is how I did my rear hitch
http://polarisrangerforum.com/index.php?topic=297.0
As far as the winch mount get on that will fit the two inch receiver hitch. You can't use regular 2" ID square tube because it has a weld seam inside it. The steel yard does sell receiver hitch stock the measurements for the hole are in the link.

Keep us posted on this, I need to make one for mine also. O0

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The more I think about this idea I keep thinking our sponsor Viper Winch/Moto Alliance should be comming to the rescue.

I bet if you called and speak with Peter that he would do everything he could to hook you up.

I personally don't like the idea of any winch mounted out where it can get slam dunked. That being said, many here might have a need for such a versatile set up so it just makes sense to ask our resident winch pros.

Moto Alliance has the capability of making just about any winch mount and harness and ofcourse they make a very nice winch to go with it.

Call Peter, his number is in the sponsor section down at the bottom here, and be sure to let him know you are a member here and need his help.

Gary

·
Registered
269 Posts
The receiver winches do stick out, but they can be carried in the back until needed. I too like my winch tucked in and will be used to lift the snow blade when I get that far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts