Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 2001 6x6 Ranger. However, I can't find a workshop manual anywhere. I'm not asking "where can I illegally download a manual" as I'd be prepared to pay for one from Polaris. However, their web site doesn't seem to have one for this machine. I see others online selling it but I'm not really sure what I'm buying from some rando online.

Is there anywhere I can get one of these reliably? I need some parts, and not knowing what the part is, what the part's called, what the part number is, etc., makes it very hard to actually order anything.

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much! I bought and downloaded the manual and will go through it more when I'm on a bigger screen. The first part that's broken that I'd like to replace is the right mid axle. It's part 6 at Polaris Side by Side SERIES 10 OEM Parts Diagram for Mid Housing | Partzilla.com which is conspicuous mostly by its absence from the list of parts I can actually buy. Since I'm not sure what it's actually called, or what the part number is, compounded by the fact that I'm in Canada so the usual places someone might recommend don't work for me, I haven't had much luck yet in sourcing this part. I just hope it's still available.

Even knowing that mine is a "Series 10" is going to be helpful when looking for products. No Canadian parts site I've found even seems to be willing to admit that there's such a thing as a 1999-2002 Polaris Ranger 6x6.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I typically use rocky mountain for lookups. On theirs it shows that #6 references another sub category on it's own.

OEM Parts for Motorcycles, Dirt Bikes, ATVs, and UTVs | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

ETA: the seperate links didn't work but the sub assembly you first linked is the "mid housing"

The sub category for that shaft is "mid driveshaft"

Since the direct links aren't working the part number is 1380161. I usually use the part number to see if I can source it any cheaper but RMATV is pretty good for OEM stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts