Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 6x6 Polaris Ranger 700EFI fuel pump problem

Was running off and on, mostly at a crawl, then might suddenly burst into acceleration. Now it is mostly crawling. Always starts.

Figured the fuel pump and bought an OEM pump, regulator, screen, etc from Amazon.
Amazon Link

Replaced the pump, etc. The wires from the pump itself to the internal plug were frayed. I replaced them and did not observe polarity. Put it back in the tank. It ran for a few seconds and quit. Turning the ignition switch on and off and on. Same problem. Replaced the ignition switch. Same problem.

Maybe I switched the polarity of those wires. Took the pump out and reversed those wires. Same problem! Pump spins, but no juice.

Does the pump need priming? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i've got the same thing with my 2016 Polaris ranger 1000D.

it starts every single time, but goes in fits and starts. speeds up for around 2 seconds but then engine cuts out! i cant get it across the garden because it keeps conking out!! what should i do. recently sent it in for a serviec which theyre somehow asking for £1800 for, from Curtis and shaw our nearest dealers in Heathfield. this did include a steering rack replacement though which shouldnt cost much more than £500!

what should i do with this? im goign to pump the deisel out to see if its dirty fuel tank. not sure what it can be becuase the filters just been replaced etc...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts