Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Ranger 700 XP
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to the community as of today! I wanted to see if others have experienced the situation I'm facing with my Ranger. Here are the details. When everything is cold, the engine starts just fine. Almost ALWAYS on the first try. However, once I get down the road a bit and everything warms up, I have problems. Here is the problem. Once it is hot, when I go to start the ranger up, I hear the fuel pump click and then I just get this humming noise. I back the key off and on the SECOND try, it starts up. Almost always starts on the second try in this situation. I very RARELY get two of those click/hums in a row.

I'm thinking I have some sort of vapor lock issue that is brought on by the engine warming up and heating that gas. I've bought some thermal / foil wrap and plan to wrap the gas tank better than it is. Will also wrap the fuels lines to protect them from heat as well. Any other suggestions? If this doesn't work, I'm think my culprit might be the fuel pump. I believe it is original from 2008.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 Ranger 700 XP
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one thing to add. Right now, this is more of a nuisance since its starts the second time OK. I'm just afraid if I don't address the issue, it will only get worse down the road. Any input much appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts