Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
headspinheadspindunno
Okay, lets start with I rebuilt this entire motor crank, rods, pistons, rings etc. etc. and bought a new tps because it was running rich and fouling plugs so I installed a new tps & adjusted base to .528 and idle at .660 and it wouldn't even start lol, so I just started moving it all over the place and I got it idling GREAT !!! but that's about it. It craps out and wouldn't go over 12 mph Ive been messing with it for a couple weeks got it up to 20 once now today i got it up to almost 30mph but I'm so far from spec its scaring me, I pulled the plugs they look pretty lean not sure if it was the last setting or all the playing with it today for 3 hours. I ended up at .648 base & .705 idle with seems better :confused::confused: but it is still not rite aaaat barely 30 mph and crapping out if hammered down all at once but definately better so any help would be great Im tired of it I built the motor but am ready to take this to the dealer, but I know they will just want to sale me a new tps and god knows what else, I have notched the idle screw because needle nose were to slow and pissing me off so now just need to use a flat head much better
any help appreciated. Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do have a UNI filter and BIG GUN slip on but I doubt that's changing the fuel / air much, I was having problems before I put them on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts