Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new 2010 Ranger Crew that over heats with out really doing much. It will heat up after about 10-15 minutes and start blowing coolant. The easy fix was to install an aftermarket fan overide switch that we leave running when ever the beast is on. With the fan running wide open it has yet to overheat. I also put a temp guage on it so that I can see what it is doing. When it gets between 180-200 degrees it starts to smell like coolant. Flip the switch and it goes right back to 150 degrees. It is stock. On a side note I noticed the restrictor plate on the intake and yanked it out over the weekend. Wow! It really woke up the power. O0 I was all over the Rhinos in the dunes fully loaded with a family of 5! It didn't help my cooling issue though. :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had same problem, now I have a blown motor with less than 250 miles on it. I have been told there is some issues with this. The dealer I use has had 6 motors on 2010's blow. Is anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have a new 2010 Ranger Crew that over heats with out really doing much. It will heat up after about 10-15 minutes and start blowing coolant. The easy fix was to install an aftermarket fan overide switch that we leave running when ever the beast is on. With the fan running wide open it has yet to overheat. I also put a temp guage on it so that I can see what it is doing. When it gets between 180-200 degrees it starts to smell like coolant. Flip the switch and it goes right back to 150 degrees. It is stock. On a side note I noticed the restrictor plate on the intake and yanked it out over the weekend. Wow! It really woke up the power. O0 I was all over the Rhinos in the dunes fully loaded with a family of 5! It didn't help my cooling issue though. :(
where did you get the fan and what was the temp outside? I'M supposed to pick up a 2011 tom. now you got me scared.:eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
where did you get the fan and what was the temp outside? I'M supposed to pick up a 2011 tom. now you got me scared.:eek:
Dont be too scared I have the 2011 had a check engine light since the second day I had it. I took it in last week and From what they said there has been a lot of problems with the wiring harness which is an easy fix and coverd under warrenty. Havent had any other problems

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my wife's 2003 sportsman 700. It ended up being a failed thermostat. For a temp fix, i cut the wire from the thermostat(attached to bottom of radiator) and attached a toggle switch to the handlebar. Now she just flicks it on once we start. Eventually i will get another. there are many forums for replacements...namely vehicle ones that fit and are cheaper than the polaris ones. Also could try ebay. People are always parting out bikes with swapable items.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts