Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ranger won't turnover - first thought it was battery but got new battery and no change. Then Polaris dealer told me that if I could start it by putting a screwdriver of the 2 starter solenoid terminals, it was most likely the solenoid. Well I did that, it started so I got new solenoid and it still won;t turnover. Checked all the fuses so am at a loss as to what the problem could be.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Ranger won't turnover - first thought it was battery but got new battery and no change. Then Polaris dealer told me that if I could start it by putting a screwdriver of the 2 starter solenoid terminals, it was most likely the solenoid. Well I did that, it started so I got new solenoid and it still won;t turnover. Checked all the fuses so am at a loss as to what the problem could be.

Any suggestions?
Eric, Then I would highly suspect the ignition switch.Oh, and WELCOME to the forum............

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ranger 800 won't crank

Islander, OK thank you! One more bit of info is that when I do turn the key, I can hear the fuel pump whine to start so would you still say it's the ignition switch?

Thanks again for the quick feedback on the orig question.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Islander, OK thank you! One more bit of info is that when I do turn the key, I can hear the fuel pump whine to start so would you still say it's the ignition switch?

Thanks again for the quick feedback on the orig question.
That would probably rule out the ignition switch. You may want to check and make sure the brake interlock switch wires are connected and maybe even jump the brake switch to make sure it didn't go south. The brake interlock would definately scuttle the starter if not working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts