Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hel rangerforums! I've been having some trouble with my xp. Most major of troubles happened last night while riding snow covered roads. As I was ping down the hill at about 5k rpm the rpm suddnly dropped to about 3k and was Erving down steadily. I had no rpm response when I hit the throttle, it was almost like someone hit the killswitch. I got enough response back to round a corner and stop and call someone just to let them know I may break down, and it was running at 910rpm and sounded like it was only firing on one cylinder. I managed to limp it home, but every time the fan kicked in it would kill my rpm and I would have to floor it. Every time I did floor it it would wake up and go for a few seconds and die back down to where it was again.
What could this be? We literaly just changed the spark plugs and air filter 2 rides ago in which it was acting fine. Also had to bring it in after riding it the first 10 minutes we owned it as the cdi failed. Could this be the issue again? Thanks! Kyle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 Ranger xp

Had a similar problem on mine, ran code on display and indicated code 41 and 45 which indicated T-bap sensor. new sensor is supposed to arrive today, problem is intermittent however the code stays in. 325 hours on my machine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts