Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short version: 2011 LSV indicates full charge, but will not go. Charge indicator is only working dash light. Blink code: 6 blinks. 200 hours.

Details: my 2011 LSV has 200 hours. About 10 days ago it just quit while I was in 1-wheel, high. I stopped, turned key off, then on and away I went. Then about a week ago I left the house and after 20 yards, dash lights flickered followed by everything dying. I was kinda on an emergency run, so I switched the key off/on and could go about another 10 yards. Same thing again. This happened 5-6 times until I got to destination (neighbors). After 3 hours parked, drove home (200 yards) w/o problem. After charging overnight, charge indicator showed full charge, but nothing works, only charge light and the code-blink light under the seat. Blink = 6 blinks.
I checked a few battery cells and water was not full, but above plates. My battery maintenance...about 3 months ago I removed all cables, cleaned terminals/connectors. They still look ok, not perfect, but ok. Unless someone steers me somewhere (blink code info?) my plan is to top-off batteries, clean terminals, cross fingers.
TIA

·
Registered
408 Posts
Could be several things. Does your unit have the new type of inverter under the hood(this changes 48v to 12V).The original inverters were silver in color and would burn out,the new ones are black in color.If you have the new style I would then check the fuse holder behind the controller.There you will find some extra fuses.If that fuse is not burned then I would check the connection coming out from ther Delta Q charger as the high amperage during charging could have burned the plug.If you have any questions I will try to answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, Lou.
My inverter is silver (original eqpt.). You mentioned these silver inverters would "burn out" so I am assuming this is probably a common failure (hence replaced by black ones). If inverter is suspect, is there a simple check to see if it is indeed shot or should I assume it's shot and replace it?
I'm assuming you'll steer me to inverter replacement, but I'll just add this:
1. The LED under the seat, in battery compartment, is still blinking 6. From online manual (just found that), 6 = Charger Internal Fault.
2. I removed a couple of battery cables (after disconnecting main power connector), cleaned, re-installed cables, re-connected MPC...same symptons.
3. I checked fuses in "main fuse block" = all OK.
4. Manual refers to "48v fuse block" located "under cargo box"...have yet to find that.
5. The batteries appear to be fully charged, based on bar indicator on dash.
6. On the plus-side, I found some Jeffersons Reserve on sale.

CTRLZ

·
Registered
408 Posts
My guess is that your problem is with the inverter,Shoild have about 48 volts going in and about 12-13 volts coming out of the inverter.You should be able to check that with a volt meter. The fuse box that you are looking for is located under the seat behind the main controller.Close to the solenoid. Its a black odd looking box with some wires coming out of it.If you lift your cargo box you will be able to see it. If my memory serves me right its below the solenoid and its hard to see.Open it and you will find three fuses,two of which are spares. The center one is the one that blows.Hope this helps . If any questions you can call me at 217 430 3101

·
Registered
5 Posts
I realize this is an old thread but I'm looking for help. You helped me troubleshoot to a point but my problem is a Little different. I have the black inverter. I also have a bloan 5 Amp fuse that goes to the 48v charger. I looked at the delta Q and the plug has a burnt looking plug on the large red wire. What should I do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts