Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2011 800 EFI polaris ranger and it is overheating i have change the radiator and hoses, checked the thermostat and changed water pump impeller the only time it over heats is when it sits and idles once it reaches 230 F or really any temp after the fan comes on, all you have to do is raise the RPMs a little and it starts to drop almost instantly and goes down to about 188 F and then i start the process all over again. The only thing that is different is if i start with the RPMs at a little higher rate right around engagement but with the machine in neutral the temp gauge will go up and reach 204 and the fan will come on and it might go to 208 but it drops right back down and the fan shuts off at 194 F like a normal operating machine. i have tried just about everything i can think of so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Grunt - Did you ever fix your problem? I have exactly the same symptoms. Replaced radiator cap, thermistor and thermostat and fan works normally. It has been a while since your post but you did not mention the radiator cap. My radiator appears to be boiling over at 212 degrees despite a new radiator pressure cap. This cooling problem drives me nuts. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Grunt - Did you ever fix your problem? I have exactly the same symptoms. Replaced radiator cap, thermistor and thermostat and fan works normally. It has been a while since your post but you did not mention the radiator cap. My radiator appears to be boiling over at 212 degrees despite a new radiator pressure cap. This cooling problem drives me nuts. Any help appreciated.
Street, change the cooling fan circuit breaker. This is a widely known problem with the CB's on that era 800.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts