Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My EV started acting up yesterday. Turn key on, release brake, foot on brake. Shift to either F or N. Controller light is green. Bike tries to move but stops. 2 blinks on Controller. I have 50 volts top of solonoid with no voltage drop. Bottom of solonoid drops to 22 volts. Need help on what direction to start tracing.

Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
Mine is doing the same. Your getting the wrench light when it kicks out correct? Mine only does in reverse right now though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only click is when I turn the key to on. Nothing when it stops trying to go. The controller goes from solid green to 2 blinks. It will reset when I start the process over in neutral.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay. I was looking at the blinking codes incorrectly. I was getting 2 blinks because I didn't have in neutral. Once I put it in neutral the blinking stopped. Now when I press the accelerator I get 11 blinks. Any suggestions on the next step? Testing the motor or something else.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also checked the batteries. They have 12plus volts. 50plus volts out of batteries with no drop.. It does drop after the solonoid. Should I change that and see what happens. Or something else causing it to drop?

·
Registered
21 Posts
You should have the same voltage in and out of solenoid with key turned to the on position.
Make sure you are measuring from the negative cable at the sevcon to top and bottom of solenoid.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I measured fron negative on sevcon just now. I have 48.66 volts top and bottom. The bottom drops if I press the accelerator

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thats classic main contactor fault. The only way to get a voltage drop across the contactor when in use is for the contactor to have a bad connection on one of the internal poles.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts