Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2011 Ranger EV LSV (bought damaged), and I cannot get it to work... Can anyone recommend good reliable service in Denver area?

Thnx!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lou - thanks for willing to help!

I bought it with dead batteries...
New batteries (four 12v D4's) connected and everything except for the motor works. I've noticed that the solenoid does not "click"... Checked voltage to the solenoid terminals (thin wires) and no power in any key position...
I've noticed that there is a small crack in the controller housing, but opened it and everything looks OK (just visual inspection).
Also - there is no light at all on the controller (I suppose it only flashes when there is a trouble code?)...

I just bought used controller (in case this one is bad), but it was not tested (I paid only $300 shipped) - hoping that will help...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Oh - and the main harness contactor looked iffy (photo below), so i used 3 connectors instead. There's a sticker saying that this should be the last to be connected and first to be disconnected. If that was not the case - could systems be burned?

Thanks!
J.

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 4.34.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 4.30.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 4.31.49 PM.png

·
Registered
408 Posts
Do your headlights work? If hey do that as good sign that your 48 to 12 volt converter is working. If they don’t you need to check the converter located under the front hood above the charger. Your main computer should have a solid green light when the EV key switch is the on position.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, headlights, turn signals, horn - all that work. There's also an audible click when I pull a parking brake, switch to 4x4 etc. The new controller is arriving in few days - I'll connect it and check (there are no lights on the existing one in any key position).

Thanks for your input Lou!

·
Registered
408 Posts
It could very well be the controller. Flight Systems in Carlisle Pa. can repair them 717 254 3747. Keep us posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some updates today...
Connected new controller:
1) After connecting the contactor (I had to remove the contactor itself, as it looked burned, so I am manually connecting 3 wires one after another), the hazard lights are on with Left turn signal indicator on the dash (all turn signals blinking).
2) After turning the ignition key to on position I get power from the solenoid (that was not the case before) and the green diode lights up on the controller (that was not the case before).
3) after switching to F (or R - same result) as soon as I touch the throttle pedal, I get a Wrench indicator light on the dash and the green diode on the controller blinks twice...

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I am thinking that the hazard lights are trying to 'tell' me something :)... Is that the case? Does it mean anything?

Thanks in advance!
Jakub.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Sounds like a contactor fault. What are the voltages on either side of the main contactor, at rest and with ign turned on . All measured to the negative post on the sevcon. You should get the green led on the sevcom when ign is turned on, Even of the contactor doesnt work. The contactr doesnt bring the sevcon alive . The key switch connection dies that. Sevcon then turns on the main contactor. If key switch voltage and the voltage from the contactor are not close you will get a fault.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the suggestions!
*pedal sensor - not sure how to test it, but it appears to at lest send some sort of signal to the brain...

*voltages - well - as soon as the key is turned, I get 51V on the "out" bottom side. When the key is off, I believe I am getting something (around 10V I believe - tested it few days ago).

I called local Polaris service and they said they will be able to connect it and take a look - I'm thinking Ill just do diagnostics with them, but maybe if its not too expensive, Ill let them just fix it...
Appt this Tuesday - Ill send updates,

Thanks again!
Jakub

1 - 10 of 10 Posts