Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, only 160 hours on my 2011 Ranger, which I purchased new in May 2011 ($13K), and I'm told the camshaft is worn out by my Polaris dealer ($1.3K repair). I changed the oil/filter every 50 hours and no signs of dust contamination. I emailed Polaris customer service to see if they would make an exception to their warranty to cover what is most probably an engineering/manufacturing defect and they politely responded "no". I'm really disappointed in this product, the company, and their response. Form your own decision but I'm won't be purchasing, or recommending the purchase, of another Polaris product ever again.

It's too bad as my decision to purchase the Ranger 800XP was largely based on the reviews/experiences of those in this forum, which now seems to support the view the older units were more reliable than the newer ones.

Oh well, live and learn...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Its a hard pill to swallow, but anything mechanical does wear out. Yes 160 seems a short life. But I have seen $60,000 race motors that never made it off the dyno. First thing I would do is find a engine repair shop and have them rebuild it. As far as the warranty, Polaris is just like any other manufacturing company, they do offer 3,4, and 5 yr warranty for a cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts