Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble shifting my ranger into reverse. I have to pull the lever about 4-5 times from neutral or low to get it to engage. topping it off I have a mysterious turf mode engagement. I mostly see this when I am going down hill for the engagement. I disconnected the harness on the rear end of last axel. Seems to be working a little bit better. Some people say it's the dogs some say it's electrical. I'm at a loss and just wanted to see where to start before I drop it at a shop at $80+ per hour, especially if its something I can do myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever figure out this problem? I just picked up a 2011 6x6 and am curious, Incase I run into the same issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bouga take out transmission assembly. K eep up on your frame so it doesn't rust. Cherish the seat, it's $500-600 to replace

·
Registered
104 Posts
Does the lever move ok to reverse or does it try to stick and then jump suddenly... Only problems I see on these regularly are clutches dragging or detent issues on the selector in the box, the springs break and later roller detent arms break the rollers off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts