Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ranger smells like its running rich and has for a while. This winter when it was below 30 it fouled the plug once. And after I change the plug and got it started it wanted to die at idle. Once it warmed back up it is running again but still smells rich. I checked and it didn't show any codes. I tried unplugging and re plugging connectors under the seat, but that didn't help. I have adjusted the valves so I know they are correct, changed the fluids, oil filter, air filter etc. I'm running out of idea's, and I would like to avoid having to take it to the dealer. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Ranger is a 2013, I typed the wrong year in the title and I can't figure out how to edit my original post. Sorry!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You may have already figured this out since its been awhile since you posted this. If you havent, here is a list. Easy enough to check the TPS with a DVOM. Don't take the TPS off the intake or the adjustment will be off. If you have to, just take off the part of the intake between the two rubber boots. You will have to loosen the two bolts that secure the air breather box. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts