Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

New to the forum but have been reading for a while now. Looking at getting a ranger ev for my farm. Considering buying new but tempted to buy used. Found a 2012 will 114hrs on it with battery replaced in late 2018.

Have there been much change to the specs of the machine between then and now?

Thanks!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Not really, there are a couple of motor makers, but basically very similar, and controlled in the same way by the Sevcon Controller, and limited by the capabilities of Lead Acid batteries.
Later ones have grease nipples (UK term for US Grease Zerk?)on suspension arms, which is good if you bother to grease the pivots, bad if you dont. Post 2015 have differences, mostly visual not technical, although the front top crossmember is different on the later ones.
I have just done a Li Ion conversion on a customers 2010 , and its was in really nice condition with 450 hrs. I did another for another customer a few years back that had about twice the hours and had lived on a Pig farm all its life and it was really horrible, but cleaned up with a lot of new parts and 5 years on its still in use. Mostly faultlessly.
I recently bought a 2010 to use as a development vehicle, ex farm use and in a really rusty state, with virtually every suspension and steering bush badly worn. Thats due for a total strip grit blast , repair and re powder coat before going back together.
If its clean and the cells are in an OK state and been watered, its probably worth it. But if the cells have been ignored and run dry , even if they are 2018, they could still be in a bad condition.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I would have no problem purchasing a 2012 model. I much prefer the pre 2015 with bench seat instead of the bucket seats. Accessing the batteries or electronic components is challenging.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to say a quick thank you. I pulled the trigger and purchased my first Ranger EV :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts