Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2013 EV a couple years ago. The seller told me the unit sat for a long time and battery acid had corroded the metal tray pretty bad but he thought the tray was salvageable so he replaced the batteries and left the original tray. I was pretty ignorant to the issue at the time and now have noticed the tray as well as the side floor supports are completely corroded and need replacing. I was able to find used parts online but before I purchased I wanted to see how difficult this job is? Has anyone had any experience replacing floor supports and/or battery tray? Any guidance would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought a 2013 EV a couple years ago. The seller told me the unit sat for a long time and battery acid had corroded the metal tray pretty bad but he thought the tray was salvageable so he replaced the batteries and left the original tray. I was pretty ignorant to the issue at the time and now have noticed the tray as well as the side floor supports are completely corroded and need replacing. I was able to find used parts online but before I purchased I wanted to see how difficult this job is? Has anyone had any experience replacing floor supports and/or battery tray? Any guidance would be much appreciated!
We offer Stainless Steel replacement battery trays with all of the OEM mounting hardware for $195.00 for both the driver side and passenger side ($97.50 each side).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We offer Stainless Steel replacement battery trays with all of the OEM mounting hardware for $195.00 for both the driver side and passenger side ($97.50 each side).
based on what I have seen, the OEM metal tray is one piece, correct? Obviously I know the SS trays are better but just curious, Is there any reason yalls are two separate trays? Easier to install? Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
based on what I have seen, the OEM metal tray is one piece, correct? Obviously I know the SS trays are better but just curious, Is there any reason yalls are two separate trays? Easier to install? Thanks
The Polaris comes with 2 trays, one for the drivers side and one for the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I replace them all the time. Not easy to do as the bolt heads are usually deteriorated to the point a wrench or socket no longer fits the bolt head. Sometimes I can get a small pipe wrench on the head. If not I grind the head off and use 1/4” self tapping screws as close to the original bolt because the battery limits where you can put a extra screw. If the battery bolts are bro as they usually are I remove them w pipe wrench from the backside if tray is K. I didn’t know Voltronixs sold SS, I would definitely use them. I use all thread SS 8mmx1.5 pitch for battery bolts. Tighten double nuts on the top and cur to length from Grainger. They are cheaper than Amazon. I will use SS from now on. The Polaris trays are 189.00. Some OEM sites a little less. Be sure and clean the frame and tubs with baking soda and water mixture. I also use 1/8” ABS plastic to cover the opening in front of the trays on each side to block mud from piling up in front of the batteries.
83EC138C-9565-4C3A-B882-649910962FD0.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I replace them all the time. Not easy to do as the bolt heads are usually deteriorated to the point a wrench or socket no longer fits the bolt head. Sometimes I can get a small pipe wrench on the head. If not I grind the head off and use 1/4” self tapping screws as close to the original bolt because the battery limits where you can put a extra screw. If the battery bolts are bro as they usually are I remove them w pipe wrench from the backside if tray is K. I didn’t know Voltronixs sold SS, I would definitely use them. I use all thread SS 8mmx1.5 pitch for battery bolts. Tighten double nuts on the top and cur to length from Grainger. They are cheaper than Amazon. I will use SS from now on. The Polaris trays are 189.00. Some OEM sites a little less. Be sure and clean the frame and tubs with baking soda and water mixture. I also use 1/8” ABS plastic to cover the opening in front of the trays on each side to block mud from piling up in front of the batteries.
View attachment 24952
This is good information, thank you! I think I’ll have the same issue with the bolt heads being corroded but fortunately my battery bolts are new so shouldn’t have issue there. Do you happen to have any pictures showing the battery tray installed before batteries go back in? you mentioned cleaning the frame and tub with water and baking soda, I’m assuming that’s just to get any acid off? Sorry for all the questions, I’m learning as I go here! thanks again

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Yes just for acid. usually clean rust from frame w wire wheel on grinder. Paint with paint or sometimes truck undercoat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, I must that the service you are offering and the price you ask for is like a dream come true.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts