Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 ranger 800 EFI but I’m having electrical problems with. Does anyone know if the electrical components off of a 2011 razor S 800 EFI Will interchange. I e air temperature sensor throttle position sensor cam face sensor computer…

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is very likely that most of the parts you're mentioning are the same. Your best bet is to compare the parts diagrams. Head to Polaris RANGER OEM Service & Replacement Parts | Official Store for the ranger and Polaris RZR OEM Service & Replacement Parts | Official Store for the razor.
The main ECU/computer will look the same, and may work for 90% of functions, but I know at least on the earlier models that Turf Mode was controlled by the ECU, and RZR doesn't have turf mode, so plugging in an RZR computer would make turf mode stop working.
None of those components will be different enough that swapping them would cause damage though, so if you have the razor next to you, go ahead and try swapping parts around if you think it'll help your ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve swapped every sensor (crank position sensor, throttle position sensor, air temp sensor etc) all sensors work perfect on my razor none of them corrected the issue on my ranger. It starts up occasionally but once it does it dies after a couple seconds also swapped fuel injectors and fuel pump same result. Any ideas???

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ideas that come to mind:
- Bad harness for air temp/manifold pressure sensor or throttle position sensor: try tugging on each of the wires at the connectors, the wires like to break inside the insulation. If the insulation stretches when you tug on it, the wire is bad.

- Oil pressure regulator could be frozen. If it isn't building oil pressure, the valves won't open enough to run. See post #10 here for what some people use to fix the issue, a head alignment dowel for a small block chevy: The Official Polaris 700/800 Oil Pressure Relief Valve Thread

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Harness is actually what I was thinking myself I ordered one off of eBay last night. I looked around on it but did see anything wrong off hand. I pulled valve cover off th make sure valves where good and while it was off I cranked the engine over to make sure it was Oiling and it was. Would high oil pressure cause it to die and not run?

·
Registered
37 Posts
On that I'm not sure. I haven't seen the pressure regulator problems personally, just read about it while researching what I should look out for on my 800... going to install a set of temp/pressure/voltage gauges once my wallet recovers from the new clutch set I just ordered.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did a little research on it. I’m almost positive that’s what it’s going to be. I’m at firehouse today I’ll try to look at it tomorrow night and let you know if that’s it. Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts