Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading through many posts about the bulldog rs82 being used to remote start these buggies. I am finding the 2013 has some quirks.

I am to the point of just wanting basic remote start I dont care if it's in gear or has a check engine light or if it it'll shut down when the brake pedal is pressed. Can any one provide me info on what wires to use from the BD to my key switch that needs to be tapped to work?

I have been reading This page to get started but it seems everyone has 1000s or newer 900s

thank you

· Registered
716 Posts
It sounds possible, but I'm wondering what "quirks" you think your machine has?

Do you have a wiring diagram (located in a service manual) for your machine?

Battery, ACC, and ground should be located on the 3 post bus bar. That only leaves brake and starter to locate which should be on the brake pressure sensor and key switch (they may both be on key switch), but you'll need a wiring diagram to make sure which wires you need to tap. There is a lot of potential to mess up the ECU and cause other electrical damage doing this if you don't know what you are doing or how to test these connections, you have been warned.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds possible, but I'm wondering what "quirks" you think your machine has?

Do you have a wiring diagram (located in a service manual) for your machine?

Battery, ACC, and ground should be located on the 3 post bus bar. That only leaves brake and starter to locate which should be on the brake pressure sensor and key switch (they may both be on key switch), but you'll need a wiring diagram to make sure which wires you need to tap. There is a lot of potential to mess up the ECU and cause other electrical damage doing this if you don't know what you are doing or how to test these connections, you have been warned.

All good I ain't afraid of testing. The quirks are the key switch is different from the 2014 and up key switches. So their diagrams are different from I've got. I don't have a diagram

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update just went for it.

2013 ranger 900 xp

Used test light to determine which orange wire is that brake switch.
Connected bd black to ground and both reds to constant 12v
Connected bd blue/black to ignition orange brake
Connected bd white to other ignition orange
Connected bd yellow/black to ignition green

Initialized without brown wire worked perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts