Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here from south central Indiana. Joined because I cant get a good answer from anyone else on this issue. Edit; let my add that this Ranger is my first UTV. I've had ATVs before but never had a utv before.

My wife and recently bought a used 2013 Ranger Crew 800 with low hours from a local dealer. Got it for a pretty good price. When I bought it the unit was equipped with tracks and I got them to include a set of brand new 14" super ATV wheels and brand new 27" tires. Ran it a few times with the tracks in my woods but wife didn't like how rough it rode on the tracks so I switched them out for the tires. My problem is I'm rubbing when I turn. I was told the Ranger had a lift on it and it did. I did some research online and found a 2" lift kit for 189 from Rangerprolift. That helped with the rubbing somewhat but did not totally eliminate it. Its starting to rub a hole in the floor pan so I really want to fix the problem and not just keep running it. The info on the rangerprolift lift kit I bought said it will allow you to run 28s without rubbing. Anyone got an idea why I'm still rubbing? Weak shocks maybe? Not sure if I should replace the shocks or spend the money on forward arched a arms. It seems to rub more on the passenger side also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW sorry about the duplicate post about the same topic. I posted it then checked back later for replies and couldnt find it so I thought it was removed or I forgot to hit post. Realized this morning they both posted.

·
Registered
463 Posts
T, I wouldn't think they should rub. Whats the tire width? And wheel off set/back spacing? Im thinking maybe possibly got you the wrong back spacing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
T, I wouldn't think they should rub. Whats the tire width? And wheel off set/back spacing? Im thinking maybe possibly got you the wrong back spacing.
The tire width is 9". Im not sure what back spacing the wheels are. They didnt specify that when they mounted them. Ill see if i can figure that out, I hadnt thought about that. Ill also see about posting some pics tomorrow, getting dark now so its too late.

Let me clarify that I didnt buy the wheels seperately after i bought the Ranger from a 3rd party. They were included with the Ranger when I bought it because it had tracks on it and where I live tracks arent neccessary. I know the wheels are Super ATV Bandit H Series.

Edit: Looked the wheels up on SuperATV.com and it says back spacing is 4.5" with 2.5" sticking out past the hubs. Fitment guide says they fit 2010-2014 Polaris Ranger 800 Crew

·
Registered
1 Posts
The tire width is 9". Im not sure what back spacing the wheels are. They didnt specify that when they mounted them. Ill see if i can figure that out, I hadnt thought about that. Ill also see about posting some pics tomorrow, getting dark now so its too late.

Let me clarify that I didnt buy the wheels seperately after i bought the Ranger from a 3rd party. They were included with the Ranger when I bought it because it had tracks on it and where I live tracks arent neccessary. I know the wheels are Super ATV Bandit H Series.

Edit: Looked the wheels up on SuperATV.com and it says back spacing is 4.5" with 2.5" sticking out past the hubs. Fitment guide says they fit 2010-2014 Polaris Ranger 800 Crew
I measured my stock 2012 XP 800 wheels and the fronts have 4 1/8" back spacing as measured.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Can yiu get a pic of where its rubbing? In your situation....what they used to do is heat the plastic up good and hot with a heat gun. Jam a basketball or the likes in that area and inflate it to stretch the plastic. No more rub.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Can yiu get a pic of where its rubbing? In your situation....what they used to do is heat the plastic up good and hot with a heat gun. Jam a basketball or the likes in that area and inflate it to stretch the plastic. No more rub.
Here are a couple of pics. This is parked in my driveway on level ground with no passengers. Tire is almost touching the floor pan as it sits. It rubs right on the bottom edge on the corner. Not sure I want to attempt to do that myself tho because if I screw it up it will look like garbage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is a better picture from below

·
Registered
463 Posts
Wow thats a serious rub. In a not so good place. Only other option that i can think of besides smaller tires is forward a arms.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow thats a serious rub. In a not so good place. Only other option that i can think of besides smaller tires is forward a arms.
I did the basket ball thing and it pushed the plastic back above the lip but its still close. Might be enough might not be. Ive looked into the Forward Arched A Arms and aside from them being expensive at 415.00 bucks the SuperATV ones arent compatable with the 2" RangerProLift lift kit I have on it so if I still want that extra 2" Im gonna have to get a different lift kit that goes on the top of the shock. I like the 27s so I dont really want to go with smaller tires but I may have to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wheel spacers might do it as well, but not 100% sure on that
Wheel spacers will more than likely make the rubbing worse. Look at highlighter forward a-arms. They are cheaper than super atv (bought mine off eBay). If your lift attaches at the frame and not the a-arm they will work with your lift also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wheel spacers will more than likely make the rubbing worse as. Look at highlighter forward a-arms. They are cheaper than super atv (bought mine off eBay). If your lift attaches at the frame and not the a-arm they will work with your lift also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately my lift kit attaches to the lower end of the shocks on the a arms. If I go with different a arms I'd like to find ones that will work with that lift kit if possible

1 - 16 of 16 Posts