Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else out there having airbox sealing issues? I am getting splash back in the airbox after every ride. I contacted the dealer and they suggested to RTV the lid down and acted like this was normal. I have been through one filter already from it getting wet. Luckily the inside of the filter still looked brand new so no damage was done. At this point I am willing to put the entire Ranger 570 Air Intake system on the worst all time list. Even after RTVing the airbox lid it still takes on a massive amount of dust due to the location of the air intake on the sides. Brand new filter looks like crap after a few hours of riding. Anyone else dealing with these same issues????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much mud\wet riding have you done? We do alot off tire depth or lower mud\water riding at mid range speeds so there is alot of splash up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have yet to get my crew out, but dont like the location at all, would like to snorkle it but cant see how it can be done, any ideas? I generally dont go that deep, but jist for piece of mind.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Do you think something like frogskinz over the little intake on the side of the rollcage would help? Then silicone that plastic piece to the cage to seal it better? Im looking for a solution to this too, I havent had mine out yet but dont like the location of the intake.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on sealing the ends of the frame on both sides with a piece of plastic or wood with silicone around the edges to hold it in then pop the cover back over it. If I ever have to take it in for warrenty work I will pop the covers out and no one will ever know. I have both sides duct taped close now running some test and it seams to run fine. There is a large hole in the frame on the passenger side in front of rear wheel and air can flow through the belt housing as well. After 6 months of ownership I can attest that this is a very bad spot for the intakes and something must be done or you will end up with lots of dust, mud and water in the airbox and belt housing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Same one I have, havent had it out yet though, to much snow, I asked this on another thread but got no replies, what abiut frigskinz material over the air intake in the side of the frame, then silicone the plastic oiece back into the frame? Would that do anything do you think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts