Polaris Ranger Forum banner

2014 Ranger 800 EFI Cooling Fan Options

12K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Hunterworks 
#1 ·
I know this topic has been covered in some detail on other threads but I was unable to find (using the search feature) an answer to my specific inquiring.

While riding this weekend, I followed two other Rangers through a water crossing. As fate would have it, my 2014 Ranger 800 EFI cooling fan was the only one that decided to kick on right at that time.:( As such, the fan hit water and broke a blade. I have noticed no leaks so it would appear that the radiator is intact (fingers crossed). I'm going to pull it all out this afternoon after work to double check.

In either case, the fan will need to be replaced but I'm curious about the best option. I spoke to a services tech at my local Polaris dealership and he mentioned that some general automotive fans (purchasable at auto parts stores) will work if you can find the right size. He also mentioned that this would be a cheaper option.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Ok, I got the radiator and cooling fan taken out today. Fortunately, the radiator appears to be in great shape. As suspected, however, there is a broken fan blade. Here's what I'm dealing with:

It looks like the factory fan is a 'Tripac International' and is 'Made in the USA'. The services tech at the Polaris dealership stated that the factory part (ordered directly from Polaris, I assume) is around $300. I'm hoping you all know of an aftermarket cooling fan that is cheaper. Anyone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.