Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum. I was just curious if anyone with the 2014 800 efi model has any problems. If you have had anything go wrong please share so that I'm not surprised or can take the appropriate steps to fix it before it does happen. Thanks ahead of time guys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I picked up the same unit about 2 months ago and love everything about it so far. Been up in the moutains to Mena, AK and around house and land so far. I have marshall moto 2.5 inch lift, metal top, and half windshield so far. Then only thing I suggest is when washing your unit be careful with gas tank vent line that is stuck in the frame under passenger side seat. I plan on moving that line soon. I do not plan on going that deep but worried about washing the unit and getting water in gas. Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your feed back I also love mine. I will defiantly reroute that fuel line soon because I do plan on going deep. I've went deep several times already on accident deep as in meaning to about my radiator not chest deep lol. My only complaint so far is how hot my middle seat gets. I am going to try to wrap the exhaust with exhaust wrap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my radiator keeps overheating. i've had to take it back the shop 5 times for the fan not coming on at 204 degrees like is supposed to. keeps blowing fuses and burning up the fan. its been a nightmare. i love the bike when its working right, but seems like everytime we take it out, i have radiator issues

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the same ride ....No issues here. Other then the 'hot seat' issue. I love it.

Reactions: Denis

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We'll I'm at about 35hrs 250 miles and we ride power lines down here. I haven't had any problems until now. it's stock except my two 4" led light bars on bumper and 42" across the top. Now my first problem was water getting in the the fuel which I have not fixed yet I am going to fix it when I snorkel it which I will bein do my self and will post a write about it. Second problem I stopped turned my ranger off after coming out a hole and when I started it back up bam I hear a pop and my hectic sound coming from my hood area my fan broke a blade still cooled it down all night but rattled like crazy due to being out of balance. Third when I finally made it home from a long night of riding I turn my bike off and get out my brake lights are still on. I have not had time to mess with it to figure out this problem yet so I disconnected the battery will be cleaning and bring to the dealer for warranty work lol. Will be ordering a new fan with aluminum shroud from universalpartsinc it's $190.00 which is cheaper then stock so I will have a spare since this is a common problem.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a 2012 800 efi and love it. It has been everywhere from the Rocky Mtns to the swamps of LA without a problem. I use the heck out of it. My daily rides are ten to twelve mile rides through muddy bottoms, sandy creek bottoms to red iron ore rock trails. I have added a winch and backup lights. Mine is due for its third service now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have 700 miles on my 14 800 ,Other than the rear A Arms squeeking , I have not had a single issue ,Gonne put some zerk fittings on A Arms to fix that !!Went with 26 Maxxis Bighorns Awesome traction over stock tires ! Love the machine ,BTW ,I bought it when they had all rebates on the 800s,Got an awesome deal , That made my decision over a 900 pretty easy !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to this forum as well. I just picked up my 2014 Polaris Ranger 800 EFI EPS LE yesterday. The sales rep at the dealership told me about the possibility of the seat getting hot during the summer months. He removed the seat and showed me that the factory installs a small piece of that reflective material in the middle of the seat bottom to help with the radiating heat. He said that if I go to a auto parts place and buy a strip of this same stuff to install all the way across the seat bottom that it will keep the seat from getting hot and solve the problem. I cannot remember what it is called but it is the same stuff that they install under the floor of cars and trucks. Some also install it under the hood of their hotrods. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got my bike from Polaris dealer before my warranty fan came in. The fan got here two days ago. I installed it my self as when I brought my bike home the dealer had cut wires while trouble shooting the brake lights and left them just all hanging out with open ends. I fixed this immediately and then brought the service department a picture of there terrible workmanship the dealership was not happy. I made it very clear my unit would not be coming back if this is how "professionals" do things. Also asked th to check out my rear end it was making a noise, well they found nothing so of course I rode it down the road and get back axle seal is leaking so I pulled this out an now have one being warrantied. I am not saying this was the noise but it is low on fluid so it's very possible. I'm not happy with my customer service but since I brought that to there attention we will see how things go hopefully my seal gets in Monday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a update my fan has been working great still have the tail light issue. Both rear end seals at the axle are leaking I broke 3 axles and my transaxle yesterday while going to prepare my food plot running 27" big horns (stock rzrs tire and wheels). This should be interesting if they don't fix it I will not be buying a polaris ever again. I have made them aware of the noise in the rear en several times was told over and over they can't do anything until it's broke.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for your feed back I also love mine. I will defiantly reroute that fuel line soon because I do plan on going deep. I've went deep several times already on accident deep as in meaning to about my radiator not chest deep lol. My only complaint so far is how hot my middle seat gets. I am going to try to wrap the exhaust with exhaust wrap.
800 EFI Polaris Ranger

I do have the same Problem,'hot seat' issue. I have a 2014 800 EFI Polaris Ranger ( Full Size) if you find a cure posted on forum
[

·
Registered
6 Posts
800 EFI Polaris Ranger

I do have the same Problem,'hot seat' issue. I have a 2014 800 EFI Polaris Ranger ( Full Size) if you find a cure posted on forum
I am new to the Forum I had the same problem with hot seat on my 2014 Polaris Ranger 800 XP full size I put about three layers of heat reflective material under the seat plus I put a bilge pump blower motor under the seat to blow air across the engine and help out a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put a bilge pump blower motor under my seat and it blows the air across the engine it helps with the hot seat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts