Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2014 ranger 900xp Deluxe nuclear orange and ever since I bought it ive had a smell of rubber when riding. Its got 410 miles on it since I bought it Dec 20 2014 and the smell is still the same as day one but gets worse when engaged in 4x4. ive only used it for gravel road riding and ice fishing out on the lake since we haven't had any snow on the ice this year. Dealer told me machines not meant to be used in high range LOL:rolleyes: I just shook my head. Im assuming its either going to be an alignment issue or something up with the clutching?? Also notice top end speed fluctuates sometimes it'll hit 60mph the next time I use it hardly hits 50mph.

Just looking for some input to this matter to see if anyone else has had this issue on there machine.

thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only time that I have had belt problems were purely my own fault. I would take the belt off and inspect it and the clutches, also blow them out. They seem to fill with fine dust.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Smelly belts

I also have a 2014 ranger 900 xp. Never had any smelly rubber even working it really hard. There is something wrong. And as for not using high range, I use it most of the time except when plowing heavy snow, or that sort of thing. Hope you get it sorted out. Let us know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts