Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

It's kind of tough to tell from the video, would you say the sound is originating from the clutch area, or from the rear differential?

·
Super Moderator
2,390 Posts
It is probably the turf mode relay.

The turf mode solenoid is on the driver side of the transmission toward the back right above the cv joint. You can probably put your hand on the solenoid and feel it clicking in and out. It that is the clicking the relay box is probably bad. It is mounted on the frame there by the solenoid.

You need to get this fixed before you drive it because it can cause other problems.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to the both of you, I will take a closer look into that. I am taking it in for routine service and will have them look into that. I think it is also using coolant because I keep having to fill it. Its only a 2015 model and I take really good care of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Johnny C

Thanks to the both of you, I will take a closer look into that. I am taking it in for routine service and will have them look into that. I think it is also using coolant because I keep having to fill it. Its only a 2015 model and I take really good care of it.
I am having the same noises would like to know the outcome from the clicking noise??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any response to what the clicking noise was? Mine has done that clicking noise a few times. And I took it to the dealer and could not get it to replicate the noise.

·
Super Moderator
2,390 Posts
That noise in the video is the turf mode solenoid clicking because the relay/controller is either wet or defective.
Post #3 above.

·
Registered
4 Posts

The turf mode solenoid is on the driver side of the transmission toward the back right above the cv joint. You can probably put your hand on the solenoid and feel it clicking in and out. It that is the clicking the relay box is probably bad. It is mounted on the frame there by the solenoid.

You need to get this fixed before you drive it because it can cause other problems.

Welcome to the forum.

Hey Rockit401, I know this is a Ranger forum but I can't find anywhere that can help me out with what I'm having going on. You seem to be very knowledgeable and I thing you could probably help me. I have a 2015 RZR 1000xp and I am having the exact same noise. It doesn't do it all the time, but most of the time. I can only hear it at idle. Any idea what's going on?

·
Super Moderator
2,390 Posts
Your RZR doesn't have turf mode so that rules that out as the cause.
You need to pinpoint the area where the noise is coming from as close as you can and that will give a better idea what it is.
A couple of possibilities are primary clutch and maybe the cam chain but it could be lots of other things too..
Also, when it does it is the ticking mostly constant or intermittent like in the video?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is intermediate like in the video. You can really hear it when you get your ear up next to this intake tube on the drivers rear side.

·
Super Moderator
2,390 Posts
You probably need to pull the cvt cover off and check for worn or broken parts and it needs to have the dust blown out anyway.
But primary clutches many times are noisy and rattle especially at idle so it might just be normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay, I pulled it off and it looked brand new in there. I was actually shocked to see that since it’s got 2300 miles and 188 hours. Everything looked clean and new.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2015 900 ranger has a clicking noise in the back while parked. Sounds like the noise it make when you change the turf modes but does it hardly moving or siting still.

Here is a link to the video of the issue I am having with my 900 ranger.

I am having the same issue but it doesn’t happen all the time. Did you figure out what the issue was?

·
Registered
8 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Hey I just read your post about the turf mode solenoid or relay issue. I have a 2015 rzr 900 eps trail and every so often the solenoid does this but it’s very random and may go weeks without doing it. I’m wondering if I should be driving it or not and wt kind of problems it may cause if it acts up while I’m out for a ride. I plan on fixing it but I am unable to get the part for a few weeks and may be longer before I can get it in to be looked at by a technician. I am not that mechanically inclined lol. Thanks in advance for any info you have to share.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts