Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My wife just noticed a fluid leak on the right rear boot from the transaxle. I'm enclosing a photo to ask for help in 1) identifying where the leak is coming from, 2) to see how quickly it must be repaired. The reason is I'm not at home right now and it will be a few weeks of snow plowing involved before I will be there to look at it myself. I would appreciate your help in trying to figure out how significant this is as far as continuing to operate it a couple of times a week(if that) for the next 5 or so.
Thanks
IMG_3408.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all,
My wife just noticed a fluid leak on the right rear boot from the transaxle. I'm enclosing a photo to ask for help in 1) identifying where the leak is coming from, 2) to see how quickly it must be repaired. The reason is I'm not at home right now and it will be a few weeks of snow plowing involved before I will be there to look at it myself. I would appreciate your help in trying to figure out how significant this is as far as continuing to operate it a couple of times a week(if that) for the next 5 or so.
Thanks
View attachment 23192

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my Ranger XP900 this is transmission/differential fluid that is being blown out of the vent tube just above the boot in your photo. I does not take much to make a mess. I tried arching the vent tube a bit higher, I tried making sure that I was not overfilling the fluid, but it still does it. I do have 13,000 miles on the Ranger and it did not appear until about the 10,000 mile mark. I just check the fluid every 500 miles now instead of every 1000 miles when I change it anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
On my Ranger XP900 this is transmission/differential fluid that is being blown out of the vent tube just above the boot in your photo. I does not take much to make a mess. I tried arching the vent tube a bit higher, I tried making sure that I was not overfilling the fluid, but it still does it. I do have 13,000 miles on the Ranger and it did not appear until about the 10,000 mile mark. I just check the fluid every 500 miles now instead of every 1000 miles when I change it anyway.
The boot is ripped it will ruin the cv joint if you run it too long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts