Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Polaris 570 midsize
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have the 2015 midsize, now have 1100 miles on it. I want a good street tire for scooting around town but want to still do some trail riding. No mudding here. I want to stay with stock wheels but taller tires would be a plus. I don't want a tire that will wear badly on the street like these stock carlisle's. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advance, Alan

·
Registered
17 Posts
The uh, uh they're black and uh, you know the ones...

Love
Uncle Joe

PS get the Kenati Mongrels

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2018 mid size 570 . The tires I installed are made by SUN , I bought the stock tire size and mounted on the stock wheels. They are a highway tread and ride well and are under 300.00 a set

GK

·
Registered
2015 Polaris 570 midsize
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I have the 2015 midsize, now have 1100 miles on it. I want a good street tire for scooting around town but want to still do some trail riding. No mudding here. I want to stay with stock wheels but taller tires would be a plus. I don't want a tire that will wear badly on the street like these stock carlisle's. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advance, Alan
Update: I was convinced by local atv shop to get new rims (14in) and use a mud/snow tire. The rims are 7 inches wide. I haven't received them yet but they're ordered. Any suggestion on what tire to put on these rims. I don't want to lose any ground clearance. Any suggestions out there about this? thanks in advance. Alan

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see you have already purchased new rims.I didn't want to do that. I put Kanati Mongrels on my original rims and I really like them. They are 27X9R-12 on the front and 27X11R-12 on the rear. You get an extra inch of ground clearance, which you will like. The only issue is that since the front tires are a little wider than stock, you need to put a 1 inch spacer between the wheel and hub in order to clear the tie rod ends. Spacers are readily available and don't cost too much. There may be a little concern that the spacers may hurt the wheel bearings because of the additional offset, but I've been running these since June of 2016 and have been very happy. I've put about 4000 miles on them.The rears are getting a little worn and I may replace them soon, but that is only because I don't want any punctures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts