Polaris Ranger Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Alright I did what you said and it tried to start but would not turn over. It just kept cranking. My check engine light has reminded on though and I just wonder if whatever is causing that light is what is not allowing the ranger to fully turn over?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I unhooked the ground from the ignition switch and it did still crank. I had to turn the key this time to get it to turn over though because I still had the paper clip between the brown and green on the ignition switch. It still would only crank and not fully turn over to start.

Check engine light remained on and lights still did not work either.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)
I’ve tried several times to follow the steps to receive the check engine light codes but it is not giving me the option to view them. I followed my manual but it’s not giving me the option check the codes.

When I press the mode button to scroll through the options, there is no check engine option that displays like it is supposed to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This sounds like the rectifier failed. Really need the engine codes but it sits in front of the radiator passenger side up high. When my 15, 900 xp quit everything tested good with no start. I replaced it. I unplugged my ecu for 3-5 min. Replugged it. Turned on. 1 min. Don’t start, turn key off 3 minutes. This allows reboot. After that the ghost had left my machine. I don’t want to spend your money but without engine codes this is a viable shot in the dark.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Finally had to break down and take it to a Polaris dealer after not having any luck. After about 10 days, they were able to take a look at it. Discovered it was a bad ECU. The service member I spoke with said he has worked there for 10 years and seen it maybe 3-4 times so just awful luck I guess. He said when they hooked up their diagnostic equipment, it read blank which was strange. So they had another 570 ECU on hand and swapped it out and everything worked like normal. They ordered my part and hopefully will have it fixed in a few weeks. Just still can’t believe my luck with the ECU going bad. Going to be close to $1000 after all is said and done. Appreciate everyone’s help and support. Hope one day this thread will be able to help someone else.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This what I suspected when I asked if you hooked the battery up backwards { post #15 } , that would have smoked the ECU .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
And that’s what I asked the service member about because the way my battery is zip tied down under the seat, the cables aren’t long enough to reach and be able to be hooked up backwards I don’t believe. So I’m still pretty positive I didn’t do that which really has me confused. Now I may have tightened down the negative terminal prior to the positive terminal, but still that shouldn’t cause the ECU to get smoked would it?

·
Registered
207 Posts
It doesn't matter what terminal you hook up first , they do fail , yours isn't the first .
Anyway , glad to hear they got it going for you .

81 - 91 of 91 Posts