Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, I am replacing a drive belt on my 2015 Ranger 570 mid size. After compressing the clutches and removing the belt I am unable to get the new belt on, It appears the clutches have separated. anyone have any ideas on how to loosen the secondary clutch to get the new belt to rotate on
Thank you in advance....

· Registered
815 Posts
On my 570 ACE, I unbolt the secondary and remove the outer sheave to change the belt. You can also do it by the squeeze method if you can get the sheaves to spread a bit. To put it back on is opposite. If you pull the front sheave, just plop the belt on and put the sheave in place. Turn the secondary clockwise as you tighten the bolt so the belt gets pushed to the top of the sheaves without pinching. If you used the squeeze method, drop the belt into the top of the secondary and spin it clockwise until it rides on, then keep spinning until it rides to the top of the sheaves.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my 570 ACE, I unbolt the secondary and remove the outer sheave to change the belt. You can also do it by the squeeze method if you can get the sheaves to spread a bit. To put it back on is opposite. If you pull the front sheave, just plop the belt on and put the sheave in place. Turn the secondary clockwise as you tighten the bolt so the belt gets pushed to the top of the sheaves without pinching. If you used the squeeze method, drop the belt into the top of the secondary and spin it clockwise until it rides on, then keep spinning until it rides to the top of the sheaves.
Thanks much for the info. I was finally able to get it to go on by squeezing the

1 - 4 of 4 Posts