Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’m wanting to convert my stock headlights to LED on my midsize 570. What model headlight do I need? I’ve watched several videos, but they’ve all been on full-size. How am I gonna make this work since the midsize doesn’t have high/low beam selector? I would just wire the high beams to the ignition switch, but I’m a bit worried about driving it on the road since they may be too bright? Thank for your input

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was wondering the same thing... is it possible to wire normal beams to the On position (lights off normally), and then High Beams to the light position?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering the same thing... is it possible to wire normal beams to the On position (lights off normally), and then High Beams to the light position?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That’s a good idea... I would definitely think that would be possible. The only problem with that is your lights stay on constantly when your ignition is on. i guess leds don’t drain much power though. Kinda like running lights?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That’s a good idea... I would definitely think that would be possible. The only problem with that is your lights stay on constantly when your ignition is on. i guess leds don’t drain much power though. Kinda like running lights?
LEDs are low power, so as long as you didn’t have any additional accessories that has an ignition requirement you should be fine.

Hmmm... wonder if a light switch from the Full size models could be utilized... wire that switch into the Light position and then control High / Low beams from there. Seems logical, but there’s probably a computer issue that would stop it lol

I’m just spitballing ideas without a wire diagram of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just replace the bulbs on my 2019 570 mid with replacement Led bulbs. If you want great lighting, your going to have to add a light bar. Even guys with the rangers that have hi and low beam setup will tell you that

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just replace the bulbs on my 2019 570 mid with replacement Led bulbs. If you want great lighting, your going to have to add a light bar. Even guys with the rangers that have hi and low beam setup will tell you that
Thanks for letting us know. I still plan on installing a light bar.. I already have rear lights, led rock lights, and plan on adding a smaller led bar to the grill, and another one to the roof lol. I thought it may look a bit weird to have all LEDs with stock halogen headlights

·
Registered
16 Posts
Farmer John, I thought the same thing. The stock headlights looked like shit when on with the nice leds. Looked like two candles and color did not match the leds I added to the front little slots below headlight. Four replacements on eBay . Got 3 bulbs for $20 . Look real nice .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts