Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, thanks for letting me join your forum ! I just purchased a used 2015 ranger 900xp that had jumped time and bent all the intake valves, intake was cracked from backfiring. I replaced all the intake valves and seals, new intake manifold,installed the Alba racing timing chain tensioner. Timing has been set properly, all valves have been adjusted to spec. It will run fine, but it will not idle. I took it to the dealer, they hooked it up to the computer, there are no codes, they say it showed no problems. I have cleaned the tmap sensor, I have sprayed carb cleaner all around engine with it running, can’t find an air leak. Checked all the wiring harness, can’t find any worn or frayed wires, have checked and cleaned all plug connectors. I’m at a loss, any help or ideas where to look would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, thanks for letting me join your forum ! I just purchased a used 2015 ranger 900xp that had jumped time and bent all the intake valves, intake was cracked from backfiring. I replaced all the intake valves and seals, new intake manifold,installed the Alba racing timing chain tensioner. Timing has been set properly, all valves have been adjusted to spec. It will run fine, but it will not idle. I took it to the dealer, they hooked it up to the computer, there are no codes, they say it showed no problems. I have cleaned the tmap sensor, I have sprayed carb cleaner all around engine with it running, can’t find an air leak. Checked all the wiring harness, can’t find any worn or frayed wires, have checked and cleaned all plug connectors. I’m at a loss, any help or ideas where to look would be much appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts