Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ranger at work and Started to notice a lot of play in the shift handle. Before I had a chance to look at it, it broke off at the pivot point. It appears this Lin was welded into the whole upper front frame. I’ve attach images of the broken pin as well as the spot in the frame it came from.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Do I replace the whole upper frame? Or just bite the bullet and take it to the dealer?

thank you in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The same thing happened to my 2015 midsize, junk spot welds, i put a post up in 2018 for it. Tried to spot weld the frigging thing but it's in a terrible spot to get at. I used a bolt and double nutted it through the same hole the mount went through. It was still a pain to do, had to take the dash all apart, do some grinding etc. No issues after the fix. I'll try to get some pictures of it later when i get home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
here is my post from the past

·
Registered
3 Posts
take the plastic bushing to the hardware store and get the right size bolt, a few washers for shims, 2 nuts and some red locktite.. probably some body mount pins because you will ruin a few taking the dash apart. Sorry the pictures don't show it very well but as you know its a tight spot.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts