Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my wife and I went the inexpensive route and bought the FS 570 "value" version about a month ago. Paid $9521 out the door. We love it so far! This post is just basically looking for fellow FS 570 "value" owners and how you feel about your purchase. Also, I figured we could use it to discuss accessories like winches, windshields, roofs, etc, because I'm having a difficult time sorting through which ones will fit this specific machine. Looking forward to hearing from those of us that saved a buck or two (actually, thousands)!

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just bought the crew cab version and love it! We've had it about 3 weeks and take it out for a family ride about every evening. I wish it had the turf mode but for the price I can live without it. The dealer warned me about finding a top and windshield to fit the rounded roll cage but I didn't figure it would be that big of a deal. Well I have had a harder time than I would have liked but some websites actually differentiate between the rounded roll cage and the pro fit cabs. Take a look at www.sidebysidestuff.com for accessories. I have also looked on ebay and if I find something I am interested in, I just message the seller to see if it fits. I was told that for the cab, anything for the 2010-2014 800 should fit. Hope this helps. I bought a soft top from www.bigdsutvs.com. I haven't got it yet but I hope its better than the ones I have seen elsewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had mine for about 2 months and have put about 125 miles on it. We enjoy it and it does everything we want it to do. I researched accessories before I made the purchase and ended up buying a sport poly roof, half windshield and winch from the dealer when we bought it and got 20% off everything so I said what the heck. Also got the winch installed for free.

My only complaints would be the machine needs at least 26" tires, more ground clearance (taller tires would help) and seal up the dash area better so you don't get as much heat blowing into the cab when the radiator fan kicks on. otherwise it's a great value for the price.

I do plan to put a lift kit on it at some point and different tires but I'll probably keep the stock wheels which means I'll be sticking with 25" tires because I don't want to add spacers.

Thanks for making the post. There isn't much info out there on these.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What price did you get the dealer to agree on? I bought in June, sage green, same model. Paid $7750 plus tax, reg, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just picked mine up about a month ago, there is definitely a lot more accessories for the Pro Fit cages, I had a real hard time deciding on a roof and windshield. I wanted a metal roof so that i could mount some other accessories on it later. I bought the Extreme Metal Products Roof and Windshield, Good quality and avg pricing from what i compared to other brands. The metal roof looks much better installed in person than the pictures on there website. I haven't installed the windshield yet. Also just picked up an Auxbeam 32 Inch Light Bar for the top.

I was torn on getting the XP model because of the turf mode, but I dont think i really needed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I also have a "value" model. I went to the dealer that I purchased it from to order the sport roof that fits that model. It came in yesterday and I went to install it today. When I opened the box, I discovered the dealer had ordered the wrong roof. Instead of the roof that fits my machine, were 2 profit sport roofs that will fit a XP 900.
Not very happy at all!
Think I'm going to a different brand of roof all together. Not sure what to do about my dealer, his employees seem incompetent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just purchased this model last week. Prior to this I had a 2011 500 crew, which was a beast with four grown men in it; just wasn't a speed demon, which is fine by me. When a local dealer was blowing the 2016 570FS out, I knew I wanted one. This time though, I got the 3 seater since my kids are grown and don't really want to go out in the desert anymore.

I too have been looking at roofs, and although they are hard to find, I ended up buying one from the dealer. It's a 3 section roof, which I'm not fond of, but the availability of roofs was really low.

I also installed a rumble seat to the bed that's very easy to remove, I'm thinking it'll come in handy.

I too wish I had the turf mode, it was nice using on the pavement so I didn't chew up my tires. However, for the price of this unit I can do without.

I did order a half windshield from Amazon a few days ago; can't wait for it to get here!

3 reasons I would've liked to get the XP version:
1) Turf mode
2) Dual A Arms rather than struts
3) Lock and Ride Pro Fit cage system

I'd like to hook up a light bar very shortly, I just have to find the right one and figure how to hook it up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Accessories

I too just bought the 570 FS with the round cage in September. I put the Bad Dawg roof, EMP windshield, and Seizmik rear panel on it so far. Accessories can be a pain to find for these because of the Pro-Fit, round tube cage both being offered in 2016. I just ordered a snowplow kit last week and the mount plate is no where near right. I never had turf mode,so I don't miss it. It is a far cry from the quad I upgraded from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a 2016 570-6 Crew a few weeks ago. I got the Polaris sport roof and a folding windshield. I'm wanting to put bigger tires/wheels on, maybe 28's. I want a small lift kit-2 or 3 inch but its hard to figure out which one i need. Anybody done a lift on their "value 570"?

·
Super Moderator
2,413 Posts
A lift kit for a 570 mid size should work since the rear suspension is the same except for the springs and the front is the same except for the a arms which are longer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought one recently. Made some mud protectors for under the seat area, in front of rear wheels. Works well. Also made some up front to protect radiator area. Those seemed like some areas they should have protected a little better. Put a EMP metal top, a half windshield and some ricochet a-arm boot protectors. I ordered a Polaris rear bumper 2881661, says it's for 2016-17 full size 570. Brackets too long. I used side grinder with cutting wheel and shortened brackets. Wasn't real difficult. Looks great. I'm done. So far I like this unit. I don't abuse my stuff, but I added the protection for going through woods. Sticks and under brush you need boot protection. Still breaking in actually. Hope I still have good things to say in the future. Time will tell. Good luck. God Bless!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts