Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I blew out the rear diff case but upon inspecting it looks like the diff and main gear case are one unit part number 1333468, does anyone know if I can just swap the rear diff or will the whole unit need to be replaced, it’s a 2016 900xp crew 6EPS, and If so does anyone know the best place to get one? Thank you

·
Registered
174 Posts
So I blew out the rear diff case but upon inspecting it looks like the diff and main gear case are one unit part number 1333468, does anyone know if I can just swap the rear diff or will the whole unit need to be replaced, it’s a 2016 900xp crew 6EPS, and If so does anyone know the best place to get one? Thank you
Did it break where the fill plug is? If so you’ll need Atleast both case halves and some internal parts. It was most likely the “Turf” gears. Better while you are there to put a rzr spool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The back where the fill plug has a hole in it and the bottom of the rear case as well, I’m new to working on these machines but I’m a pretty handy mechanic thank you and if you can steer me in the right direction I sure would appreciate it

·
Registered
407 Posts
You are twisting my arm, making me want to keep my Xp stock with my extended warranty.

So should somebody keep it in 4 wd mode.

I never had these problems with my Kawasaki.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You are twisting my arm, making me want to keep my Xp stock with my extended warranty.

So should somebody keep it in 4 wd mode.

I never had these problems with my Kawasaki.
Any mode you have it in still puts load to the gears. What Kawasaki did you have?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah turf gears grenaded liftedpsd2010 has been a life saver and walked me through the process of swapping gear cases. I’m also going to delete the turf mode while I’m at it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hard to compare those two. The mule has 1/4 the hp.

Had the mule for 14 yrs.
It went everywhere.
It hardly ever had to be put in 4x4 mode.
It had differential lock.

I used to drag zero turn mowers out of yards..

Went everywhere with it.
Wasnt worried about H.P.
The wide tires , and it being lighter just did the job.

I never went in mud real deep either.

Was never disappointed with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts