Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Ranger 570 crew EFI. It has been rode very frequently and the other day I got on it, cranked it up to which it cranked and ran while I when to grab something and when I got back it had turn off. I tried restarting and it turns over but will not crank and is almost full of gas. I disconnected the fuel line coming out of the fuel pump, turned the key and gas is coming out. I reconnected and disconnected the line where is goes in at the rear, turned key and gas is coming out there as well. I removed the spark plug, tested and I am getting fire. I did go ahead and change the spark plug just to see and still same problem. I checked the fuse box under rear seat and all of the fuses look good. I'm stumped. Does anyone have any ideas or experienced the same problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to get a gauge. But, when I took the fuel line loose from connection in both places it shoots out a good stream, not just trickling out. Even if pressure is low, wouldn't it try to start? Its not even trying to start. Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I will have to get a gauge. But, when I took the fuel line loose from connection in both places it shoots out a good stream, not just trickling out. Even if pressure is low, wouldn't it try to start? Its not even trying to start. Thanks!
It needs to have real pressure, it needs it to spray the fuel... Normal running pressure is close to 50psi, under 25psi they won't run, So worth checking it's correct.

I've also had the ht leads corrode where it plugs into the coil on the 570s, but if you have a spark I'd expect that to be ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It needs to have real pressure, it needs it to spray the fuel... Normal running pressure is close to 50psi, under 25psi they won't run, So worth checking it's correct.

I've also had the ht leads corrode where it plugs into the coil on the 570s, but if you have a spark I'd expect that to be ok.
did you figure out what was problem ? im having same problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What ever came of this? I am having the same problem except I didn't have hardly any fuel come out of the line...

I'm not getting any voltage reading from the red wire on the fuel pump plug--not sure what that means...I'm not very knowledgeable with mechanics, but trying to learn and prefer to be self-sufficient...any help is greatly appreciated! Mine is a 2014 Ranger 570 efi Crew

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2015 Ranger 570 EFI Crew. Fuel pressure 60 psi (holds), strong spark, good battery, fluid levels good, wrench and hour glass on instrumentation (needs service, shouldn't keep it from cranking). Turns over, but will not crank. Starter fluid will make if fire, but not crank. Any advice is appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts