Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden I am getting the check engine symbol and can not get the engine to rev up. It will start and after it warms up, I put it in H and it will not move or barely move, it is the same in L or R. The engine will not rev up.

I removed the air filter and the throttle body is not opening up. How do I test it? or is there something else going on? I was running it hard dragging trees to clear out an area and it ran fine. I parked it and now this issue. I have swapped the ETB relay and checked the fuse, no change. With it off, I can use a screwdriver to open it but it is very hard to move.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Look at your owner's manual and it will show you how to read a code when the check engine light is on.

But my best guess it the tps/ gas pedal. Check the plug at the gas pedal, clean and grease.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look at your owner's manual and it will show you how to read a code when the check engine light is on.

But my best guess it the tps/ gas pedal. Check the plug at the gas pedal, clean and grease.
I was able to get the code and called the dealer and was told it was related to the TPS. Can you help with its location? I think it is on the throttle body.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Your gas pedal is part of the tps. Throttle position sensor. The gas pedal assembly and its electronics is most likely bad. You can try and unplug it and clean and grease the connections.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your gas pedal is part of the tps. Throttle position sensor. The gas pedal assembly and its electronics is most likely bad. You can try and unplug it and clean and grease the connections.
Thanks, I unplugged it and greased it. Also took the assembly apart but still the same. I wish I had a schematic to try and read the voltage as the pedal is pressed.

I’m thinking I’ll just buy the assembly and hope I can return it if that is not it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts