Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a potential for turf mode failure if turf mode is never used? I doubt I will ever put the machine in turf mode, so wondering if that negates any potential for breakage/failure...

·
Super Moderator
2,390 Posts
The power goes through the same gears whether you use turf mode or not. You put less stress on the differential gears in turf mode on pavement or similar high traction surfaces.

Why would you not use turf mode? Have you ever had it on a rig before?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do use my turf mode occasionally. It helps out a ton on high traction surfaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
174 Posts
I use turf mode everywhere. Even trail riding. I only lock in the rear if we stop in sugar sand and it can't get going. Be careful of other behind you because it will shoot a rooster tail if you lose traction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
It is THE weakest link in the bike, junk.... It's ok to iuse it around the house to keep from tearing your grass up but should NEVER be used for anything other than that.........

·
Super Moderator
2,390 Posts
I use turf mode about 95% of the time. Same with my previous 800 Ranger. No problems. I don't know personally anyone that ever had a problem with it.
I don't have overly large tires and I don't have a lift and I don't do mud.

Large tires, lift kits and mud cause most of the problems with turf mode. Notice I said "most", not all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts