Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon and thanks in advance for the help.
So here it goes: I have a 2016 that has been running great and has all regular service. I have never had a problem with it until about a week ago. I helped a neighbor move some wood with it and he asked of it ook regular gas. He put some in that he had in a gas can and it ran fine for the rest of the day. The next time I used it I noticed it stalled a couple times while it was sitting there idling while I was unloading it. Each time it would start right back up and run fine for a while. One day I went out to use it and it took forever to start and I had to crank it over several times to get it going. It finally started and ran fine after that. About a week ago We went out to use it and it showed no signs of firing up. I cranked for a while with no signs of sputter ot cough. Checked the plugs and they were dry. I took the intake hose out of the throttle body and put a little starter fluid into it to see if it tried to start. My daughter was cranking it and it backfired, blowing the intake manifold into about 3 pieces. I bought a used intake manifold and it came today. It came with the fuel rail already in place. I put the new manifold on and left the new/used fuel rail on. I put in new plugs and hooked all the harnesses back together. Same thing, Not even a sputter. I got good fuel out of the line when I turned the key on. I ran some fuel in a jar and it looks good and clean with no water. I pulled the plugs and the new ones are dry as a bone. It seems it is not getting any fuel. Is there a way to check to see if the injectors are firing?
Todd

·
Registered
7 Posts
I kinda have the same problem. I used a noid tester to check mine. One was firing and one was not. I have a 168 code. On the dash. I scrolled to Chk en held the button. -I have fuel and dry plugs. I read that there is a one way bearing in the starter that sends initial ground to the injectors on start up then the cpu takes over. I’m trying to figure out if this starter/year model has that function. The 168 code is regulator issues. I’m convinced it’s a start up grounding issue on mine. I read you can manually ground the injectors- like turn the key touch injector - side to ground once and they should open once letting the system take over. Again I didn’t get the year model. So if I figure it out I’ll let you know. I’m finding more mechanics on rzr forum. Sorry but it is what it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the reply.. I am looking around at several other sites and finding all kinds of weird causes. It just looks like no fuel is getting through the injectors. It's supposed to be nice so I am going to give it a good once-over tomorrow and check all the wiring and connectors. I will let you know if I find anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got mine figured out. I replaced the regulator to clear code. Changed plugs to the NGK CR9EIX double checked all accessory wiring, drained suspect fuel, charged and cleaned the piss out of the battery terminals, used the key to pump about half a gallon through the fuel line until completely empty. Filled with 93. About the 25th key turn I saw the codes clear. Put it together and it fired up. If you don’t have an engine code change plugs, clean piss out of battery and charge fully and get the old gas out. I think weak battery and bad gas had me the whole time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha, I was just going to get on mine and let you know I think I got mine figured ou too. I was getting the code for the Cam Position sensor. I believe it was #636. I disconnected all the connections and the battery for a while .I cleaned all the connections and put it back together and it still had nothing. I pulled the CPS and got no resistance across any of the tabs. My neighbor has a 570 and the CPS is the same. I checked it and got resistance across two of the wires. i put his CPS in mine and it fired right up. I started it twice and it cleared the code. I just ordered a new CPS and it will be here sometime next week. That give me plenty of quarantine time to get everything cleaned and greased up before it all goes back together.
I do have a stupid question though. When I pulled the intake manifold off the boots had a thick coat of green grease-like junk inside them. Is that normal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts