Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, New to forum and in need of some advice,

My Ranger has basically gone totally dead, no ignition, no clicking of relays but I have a steady 12volts at front bus bar under bonnet. I can get everything to liven up by taking the orange and orange and white leads from top bus bar post and putting them direct to the 12 volts. but still no turning of the engine with ignition or fuel pump livening up. The engine will turn with the coil no problem. I have installed a new battery and also there is a new voltage regulator on it( had an issue with it starting and cutting out going below 8volts and stopping fuel pump).

This all happened when I decided to put my battery conditioner onto the ranger battery as it was going to be left for circa 3 weeks without moving. But the day after putting this on the ranger was found to be dead!..

I have spoken to various folk and with this checked loads, Spoke to my local dealer and they are saying the ignition switch is the issue which I have ordered and should be here soon. If this doesn't solve the issue I am am at a loss and maybe looking towards a fried ecm/ecu?.

Any advice would be great!.

cheers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Unlikely to be the ignition switch, stuff Powers up if you manually add power so that's what's lacking... I doubt the ECU is faulty, even unplugged the dash should still power up etc... You've checked all fuses as a start, try swapping relays too, especially the chassis relay. Also check the main harness leads from the starter solenoid, some have a fuseable section which could have blown if the charger died.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts