Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there
Need help or wiring diagrams.... Have a 570 and its not charging at all. New stator, voltage regulator(x2) and new battery but still nothing.... I am looking into the wiring but I need some diagrams or somewhere else to look. I am at a complete loss now.

any help or tips let me know
cheers

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you done the basics , check for ac voltage on the three yellow wires from stator when engine is running ?
From there check dc voltage on red wire of voltage regulator w/engine running ?
Thanks for the reply, yea we have tried and checked all these things…
I want to see the wiring loom now and do some point to point checks and figure out how it all ties together. My suspicion is a wire break as I have had these in the past on quads…
Anything else u can recommend?!

· Registered
432 Posts
Thanks for the reply, yea we have tried and checked all these things…
I want to see the wiring loom now and do some point to point checks and figure out how it all ties together. My suspicion is a wire break as I have had these in the past on quads…
Anything else u can recommend?!
If you checked all these things , where are you losing the power ?
From stator to reg. , or from reg to battery ?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s the bit am struggling with as the charging circuit is not charging the battery at all… i
Thinking there is a broken wire somewhere as I had a similar problem on a quad…. If I had a wiring diagram I could trace out a measure at different points and bell out some of the wiring point to point….

· Registered
815 Posts
A wiring diagram isn't going to be very beneficial here I don't think. The three yellow wire come out of the engine from the stator and go to the regulator/rectifier. The red and black come out of the regulator/rectifier and go back to the battery. Usually they don't go directly to the battery though. Black goes to a frame ground (IME the same one that the battery black wire goes to). Red is usually on the starter relay with the positive battery lead. If you have done the tests that Yooper is talking about, you should have already found these locations to get readings from. A continuity test isn't appropriate here either, you will want to do a load test to see if actual current carrying ability is present with an appropriately sized noid light.

· Registered
141 Posts
Very basic. AC power on the 3 yellow wires at the reg/rec when running. Battery voltage on the red wire when not running. Continuity on the black wire to ground. Those 3 tests should tell you which way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts