Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
'17 XP 900
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm buying one that has just 442 miles and 130 hours on it, what a score. $12.5 K with a 2017 Triple R, 6x10 trailer, nice. No pics yet, probably picking it up tomorrow, or Wednesday, this is my first side by side, have had many 4 wheelers, but at 61years old, it was time I sold the giant mud bike, and started looking around for a more multi task utility vehicle. Prices suck right now, so I'm surprised at this good deal I have found.
Looks great in pictures, that equals out to 88 miles a year..... can't hardly wait to get it dirty.

· Registered
'17 XP 900
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some pictures of the new to me Ranger XP 900 eps. This thing is clean, I’m really liking how it runs, it starts,and shifts drive ranges like new. Runs perfect so far. Just laps around the yard, haven’t taken it on a street or a trail yet.
Tire Wheel Dog Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Dog Vehicle Car
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Gas
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Automotive tire Steering part
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive tire
Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive tire Steering part Gauge
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Steering part Steering wheel
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Tread

· Registered
'17 XP 900
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent, thank you. Let’s see some pictures of these doors, please. Interested in seeing what you came up with, as I’m looking at some half doors, or something similar.

· Registered
2017 Ranger Crew Northstar 6" lift 15" wheels with 32's
175 Posts
Nice find!

Reactions: gearheadesw

· Registered
'17 XP 900
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still can’t believe I got such a good price on such a clean, low miles unit. I’m way happy, most others where selling pieces of crap for 12 grand.This thing is in nearly new condition, a seat cover away from near perfect. 445 mile now, so cool.

· Registered
'17 XP 900
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No sure what state you are in but here in Michigan it would be much more. Good find.
I’m in central Florida, prices are crazy down here, for both new and used anything. Used trucks selling for more than new, same with off road vehicles, hard to believe the prices some people are willing to pay.
I thought I was going to have to wait a year to get a replacement for the mud bike, which I’m to damn old for now anyhow, to find a utility vehicle.

· Registered
'17 XP 900
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the stock tires are a little small on this SXS, so I've ordered some 28 -11 x 12 tires off eBay, Bighorn look a likes, we'll see how they ware...... the mirrors the previous owner had on where just hacked on, took them off, haver some nice, SXS dedicated mirrors coming, battery isn't holding a charge, only a year old, have the receipt, see if I can get it replaced under warranty. Still think I totally scored a great deal with this Ranger, super happy.

· Registered
'17 XP 900
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What is the redline on this XP 900 engine, in low range it won’t rev past about 6,900 rpm, the 1000 Highlifter I had would rev to 7,700 rpm stock. It surprised me me when it fell on it’s face at about 30 mph in low. No big deal, this isn’t a speed thing, just wondering.

· Registered
'17 XP 900
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I've collected some parts here for the past couple of weeks,
A hugely discounted Highlifter snorkel kit, the stock exhaust exit down by the engine won't cut it even on just a wet trail around here.
Got some scratch and dent Superatv forwards arms front and rear, pressed in some new Eastlake ball joints, waiting on some HPDE bushings to arrive.
The new, Bighorn look- a- like- copy cat, tires came in today, 28x11x12, going to try and shoehorn them on myself..... we'll see old man, we'll see.

This thing sucks, .... the money right out of my wallet.

I like working on this like new machine. My mud bike was totally worn out, everything had been on and off like a hundred times, it was always ridden in the mud, always. I bought it new, and used it up.
The Ranger might go on muddy trails, but not out in the swamp, and mud holes. I dig having such a useful utility vehicle. It's clean, and untouched,.... until me.....

· Registered
1,013 Posts
I've collected some parts here for the past couple of weeks,
A hugely discounted Highlifter snorkel kit, the stock exhaust exit down by the engine won't cut it even on just a wet trail around here.
Got some scratch and dent Superatv forwards arms front and rear, pressed in some new Eastlake ball joints, waiting on some HPDE bushings to arrive.
The new, Bighorn look- a- like- copy, tires came in today, 28x11x12, going to try and shoehorn them on myself..... we'll see old man, we'll see.

This thing sucks, .... the money right out of my wallet.

I like working on this like new machine. My mud bike was totally worn out, everything had been on and off like a hundred times, it was always ridden in the mud, always. I bought it new, and used it up.
The Ranger might go on muddy trails, but not out in the swamp, and mud holes. I dig having such a useful utility vehicle. It's clean, and untouched,.... until me.....
Them tires can be a job for sure. But you can do it! Lots of dish soap and a ratchet strap around the tire to get it to take air.

Seating the bead can be scary😨 . Wouldn't go much over 30psi. Should have max psi stamped on there somewhere for seating the bead.

· Registered
'17 XP 900
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Them tires can be a job for sure. But you can do it! Lots of dish soap and a ratchet strap around the tire to get it to take air.

Seating the bead can be scary😨 . Wouldn't go much over 30psi. Should have max psi stamped on there somewhere for seating the bead.

Got the tires mounted onto the stock rims, no lift, and no rubbing driving around the yard, no suspension flexing. The hardest part, really, was breaking the old beads off the wheels. Drove the 8,000 lbs truck onto boards, catching just the tire. Ended up using a big Johnson Bar, and board combo that worked well for the last 2 tires. Had one that fought to take a bead, but a ratchet strap and some cussing, and it took. Aired way up to check for leaks, then back down to 14 psi for the overnight. Held that, drove around, to much air, down to 12 psi now....

working to get prepared for the storm, I'll get some pics up later.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts