Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had any issues with the integrated plow bumper? Mine has ripped at every attachment point and three weld joints. Polaris is saying that I’m exceeding the specifications for the bumper. LOL I’m not really sure how you exceed specifications for steel. But as you can see every attachment point or weld, failed. I plowed the exact same area with my 900 XP for two years and never had an issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven’t had any issues either.
Where did all of your rust come from at those break points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts

If he trailered it after it broke, salt from the roads can do a number on it or just salt from the driveway. But the rust wasn't the cause of it. Either it hit something hard or the steel used was weak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The rust happened quickly after the bumper broke at the welds. I was however noticing (when I was re-welding, Bc Polaris refuses to admit that it’s a craftsmanship error) that the factory didn’t even weld the metal. It’s more of a solder joint. Same with the plow it’s self. When it broke at the welds the joint was flawless. They never penetrated the steel with the weld.

And no. Didn’t hit anything hard. I plow at maybe 8mph tops. Most of the time that’s as fast as you can go check when it snows here it dumps. Last storm dropped 2 feet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The rust happened quickly after the bumper broke at the welds. I was however noticing (when I was re-welding, Bc Polaris refuses to admit that it’s a craftsmanship error) that the factory didn’t even weld the metal. It’s more of a solder joint. Same with the plow it’s self. When it broke at the welds the joint was flawless. They never penetrated the steel with the weld.

And no. Didn’t hit anything hard. I plow at maybe 8mph tops. Most of the time that’s as fast as you can go check when it snows here it dumps. Last storm dropped 2 feet.

Its hard to tell right away from the pic that the weld didn't penetrate on the one side.. Is it the dealer or Polaris itself? I would push back at them, if you haven't already.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its hard to tell right away from the pic that the weld didn't penetrate on the one side.. Is it the dealer or Polaris itself? I would push back at them, if you haven't already.
The dealer contacted Polaris and they said no go. IMO it’s just a shitty weld. Which sucks because I plow our main roads sometimes just so people can get home after work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts