Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ranger 900 XP
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some serious help on my 2018 Ranger 900 XP EPS. The other day I was dumping my bed and the strut rod end broke. I was unaware of the broken strut and closed the bed and started to drive away, and everything shut down electrically. The broken strut came down and broke the speed sensor off at the plug and in turn blew the ECU fuse. I replaced the ECU fuse and it started back up with the check engine light on and EPS light on, obviously from the broken speed sensor I assumed, parked it in the garage and ordered a new hall effect speed sensor.

Once the new speed sensor arrived I installed it and started up the machine, check engine light and EPS light are still on. The machine is in limp mode, no speedometer, no odometer, and no trip. I checked the voltage on the wires for the speed sensor and have 12 VDC on the orange wire, around 5 VDC on the green/red wire, and good continuity to ground on the brown wire. I checked the signal voltage wire (green/red) for continuity all the way back to the ECU plug and it was good. After I checked all the wire I could think of I took it for a drive in low gear for 2 miles at or above 4000 RPMs and the check engine light and EPS lights are still on.

At this point the only things I can think of are, I received a bad speed sensor from the manufacturer or I burnt up that channel on ECU. Does anyone out there have any other ideas? I am completely lost at this point and could use advice from members out there. Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, with the ECU fuse going out, it probably is as you expected, the ECU channel is bad now and it probably needs to be replaced. The new sensor is probably ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts